There are a number of meaningful and rewarding ways to volunteer for the NMF. We are currently seeking volunteers for the following roles:
- Development — particularly assistance in seeking corporate support.
- Transportation committee member — arranging for airport transportation for musicians, and for assistance with local transportation during the Festival, as well as for loans of vehicles for use in Festival operations.
- Business committee member — selling advertising space in the Festival Guide, working with restaurants and local businesses to provide discounts to Festival musicians, and working with local restaurants to stay open late during the Festival.
- Assisting with publicity for youth programs and the Festival.
- Helping with youth programs; in particular, we are in need of a volunteer to assist with office work for the Fiddlesticks! program.
Please fill out the form below if you’d like to sign up to help with a specific task. Thank you!
In addition, there are a variety of volunteer roles available immediately before and during the Festival itself:
- Ushering at concerts.
- Selling tickets and merchandise at Festival “Headquarters” (in the Visitor’s Center in Chestertown) and/or at concerts.
- Driving musicians to and from the airports, and assisting with local transportation.
- Distributing marketing materials (posters, brochures, etc.)
- Hosting musicians in your home. Click here for more information.
- Helping the production crew with set-up and take-down of chairs and equipment for concerts and rehearsals.
- Preparing nametags, Festival Passes and music folders for use at the next Festival, and helping to inventory music folder and merchandise.
- Cooking or providing snacks for musicians at rehearsals.
Be a part of the team that makes the magic happen!
Volunteer for the National Music Festival.
Questions? Contact Festival Executive Director Caitlin Patton by email firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 443.480.0221, or fill out the form below.